The HANSA-FLEX Code of Conduct
As a company we are highly aware of our role in society and our responsibilities towards our business partners and our employees. We are therefore committed to clear guiding principles which form the framework both for our business operations and our relationships with society as a whole.
We call on our business partners to apply similar business principles.
In accordance with our corporate responsibilities we are committed to the following basic principles:
- We are a multinational company. For this reason the observance of the laws and regulations of all countries in which we operate has the highest priority for us. In situations where there are no applicable statutory regulations the values of our mission statement and this code of conduct will form the basis for our actions.
- We regard the avoidance of risks to humans and to the environment and the promotion of alternatives as an essential component of responsible business practices. Everyone shares responsibility for ensuring safety in his or her working environment. All employees are made aware of this and receive regular instruction on health and safety in the workplace.
- We recognize the value of environmentally-aware operations not just as a corporate duty but also as an essential pre-requirement for conserving natural resources in the long term.
- We treat both our business partners and our employees with respect and dignity. We support and respect the protection of internationally valid human rights both within our company and when dealing with our business partners. We do not tolerate forced labour or child labour.
- We do not discriminate against anyone. We provide equal treatment to all, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political conviction, social or ethnic origin or other personal characteristics.
- We tolerate no corruption or provision of advantages in any shape or form. In connection with our business operations no personal benefits, gifts or invitations may be requested, accepted, offered or granted. Exceptions to this only apply to the usual business giveaways and gifts which are in line with the customs and forms of courtesy within a specific country.
- We maintain political neutrality in our business operations and do not support any party political activities.