Accessible Customer Service Policy
1. What we stand for
HANSA-FLEX Hydraulics Canada Inc. stands for togetherness, responsibility, reliability, environmental awareness, development and flexibility.
2. Our commitment
In fulfilling our mission and HANSA-FLEX Code of Conduct, HANSA-FLEX Hydraulics Canada Inc. strives at all times to provide its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. We are also committed to giving persons with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other customers.
3. Providing goods and services to Persons with disabilities
HANSA-FLEX Hydraulics Canada Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including persons with disabilities and we will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following areas:
3.1 Communication We will communicate with persons with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. Our staff is trained to communicate with customers and people with various types of disabilities.
3.2 Telephone services We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our customers. We will train staff to communicate with customers over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak slowly. We offer other types of communication with customers either by fax, email.
3.3 Billing We are committed to providing accessible invoices to all of our customers. For this reason, invoices will be provided in the following formats upon request: hard copy, large print, e-mail, and fax. We will answer any questions customers may have about the content of the invoice in person (at the sales counter), by telephone, e-mail or fax.
4. Use of service animals and support persons
We are committed to welcoming persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. We will also ensure that all staff, volunteers and others dealing with the public are properly trained in how to interact with Persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal. The same goes for persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person.
5. Notice of temporary disruption
HANSA-FLEX Hydraulics Canada Inc. will provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by persons with disabilities. The notice will be placed at all main entrances on our premises.
6. Training for Staff
HANSA-FLEX Hydraulics Canada Inc. will provide training to all employees, who deal with the public those employees who are involved in the development and creation of customer service policies.
Training will include the following:
• The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard • How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities • How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person • What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing HANSA-FLEX Hydraulics Canada Inc. goods and services • HANSA-FLEX Hydraulics Canada Inc. policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard. • All staff will be trained on policies, practices and procedures that affect the way goods and services are provided to persons with disabilities. Staff will also be trained on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures.
Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome. Feedback regarding the way HANSA-FLEX Hydraulics Canada Inc. provides goods and services to persons with disabilities can be made by e-mail, or fax. All feedback will be directed to HR. Customers can expect to hear back in 3 working days.
8. Modifications to this or other policies
HANSA-FLEX Hydraulics Canada Inc. is committed to developing customer service policies that respect, promote the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
Further questions can be addressed directly to HR at HANSA-FLEX Hydraulics Canada Inc. We will consider your comments carefully. Where appropriate, HANSA-FLEX Hydraulics Canada Inc. will respond directly to the customer within a reasonable period of time.
Phone: 905-760-2224 Fax: 905-760-0150